Tuesday 5 October 2010

12. Library of Cool

At Dover Street Market there were some very intriguing mounted animal skulls in glass cabinets. This probably sounds a bit creepy but i had never seen a skull up close before and so these mystical objects fascinated me. I loved the shape and texture of the bone and all the crevasses and cracks. It got me thinking about the history of these animals and the things they has seen in their life times. 
After seeing the skulls up close I started to notice image and articles in magazines to do with skulls and bones. These are some of my favourite images that I found.


(far right images found on google images, illustration found on google images, middle advert found in Dazed and Confused, image on the left found in Pigeon and Peacocks issue 1 2010, article on Taxidermy)

No comments:

Post a Comment