Wednesday 6 October 2010

19. Library of Cool

After reading an article on Boy George in ID (summer 2010) it got me interested in 80's fashion and the role of males and females in fashion. I found the idea of cross dressing really interesting and it fascinated me how Boy George's make up always looks perfect! 
I decided to hunt further into the 80's and found some of my mum and dads old LP's in a cupboard at home. I especially like the Blondie and The Police covers as they look really retro but the fashions and style can be related to todays music scene. 
Over the summer I discovered the film "This is England" and loved the fashions and gang culture that was portrayed in the film.
I found a photography book by Michael Lavine that I loved. It is called "Grunge", it is a book of images taken from the 90's music grunge scene including street fashion and photo shoots of celebrities. I'm a big fan of Nirvana and Kurt Cobain features a lot in the book. I think the he would be a good muse for my future menswear project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment