Sunday 3 October 2010

4. Library of Cool

During the summer holidays I took a trip to Liverpool in search of inspiration and found plenty of it. I visited the Liverpool Tate and The Walker Art Gallery.
The Tate was really interesting, there were lots of iconic pieces of art such as Dali but there was also many  innovative new artist's work that was really inspiring. These are some of my favourite pieces that really interested me.


This was a structure by Eva Rothschild called Knock Knock. It was made using tubes of metal wrapped in leather. This piece intrigued me at first I looked like it is standing up on its own balancing on strips of leather.


This piece is by Dan Hays called Harmony in Green. The precision of this pieces was amazing and in real life it had a 3D effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment