Tuesday 5 October 2010

13. Library of Cool

As I live 'up north' the closest place to home that has museums and art galleries is Liverpool so I ventured through the tunnel to go and see the Picasso exhibition at the Tate Liverpool. Before visiting I didn't realise that Picasso was the creator of the Dove of Peace symbol, therefore it was really interesting to see Picasso's work from around this time and the history behind his work. When visiting the exhibition I was happy to discover that my new found interest in skulls was furthered as Picasso had created many pieces involving skulls and animal heads. I loved the simple lines used to create the skulls and the use of thick brush strokes and blocks of colour. 


(all images by Picasso from Picasso, Peace and Freedom, edited by Linda Morris and Christoph Grunenberg)

No comments:

Post a Comment